Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stone Soup Drama and Readng Lesson

Stone Soup is one of my all time favorite Creative Dramatics stories. I've used it consistently for the past 15 years of teaching children's theatre. You can check out my drama lesson plan for Stone soup here.

This lesson can be used as a reading extension and can be adapted for beginning readers up through upper elementary. I've even used the Stone Soup drama lesson for high schoolers with great results. Something about the story speaks to our deepest desires for real community and how we achieve that. It's a simple tale, but aren't the simplest tales often the ones that endure with simple truth.

Theatre and drama allow us to "act" together the story of life in all its diversity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ι dο not leave а bunch оf responses, but i did a few searchіng and wound up here
"Stone Soup Drama and Readng Lesson". Anԁ I aсtually do have 2 questions for you if you tenԁ not to
minԁ. Is іt simply me or does it look as if
like а few of thе remarks look like соming
from brain dеаd people? :-P Anԁ, if you are writing on other online sites, I woulԁ like tо follow evеrything fresh you
have tο post. Coulԁ you make a list of all of all your communal pаges
like your twitter feed, Faсebook page оr linκeԁin ρrofile?
my site - Colon Cleanse Costa Mesa